Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nerves

So, I have been trying to write something for a couple of weeks now. This confirms my thought that I should not do this for a living!
Today I had a job interview! I have been part time at our small business, or a stay at home mom since the end of 2008. Interviewing for a position in the outside world, among strangers is HUGE! I was so nervous because I truly want this job. I feel like I can somehow make a difference by working with our community. Possibly bettering this small town so my kids will want to come back home to work and raise their families. Now that I made it through the interview, I am nervous thinking about the fact that I might actually get this job and have to leave my boys. It makes my stomach hurt to think about leaving them! Although it is only part time, I will sti miss breakfast and lunch. I will miss the things that I vowed to never take for granted before I ever had children.

The good news is that I might regain a little of my sanity after years of baby talk and cartoons. I should also be able to run more, I hope. My hubby is going to have to take on a bigger role with laundry and night shifts with the kids. It's definitely time for me to do something with myself. I need some ME time. I need to run. Preferably outside!!

2 comments:

  1. It just cracks me up that you were nervous! I've never seen you nervous before any of our races, you are so laid back...now me on the other hand I have the bundle of nerves leading up to the race but once there I'm good. I think you will be awesome at anything you do; but if anything you will regain some sanity and have adult conversations... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't heard about the job! But I am assuming it's a no! So, looking forward to playing in the sun all summer now :) always looking on the bright side!

    ReplyDelete